Saturday, January 25, 2014

Harry Potter in the Style of Famous Writers #2

(some parts previously posted elsewhere)

Today it's A.A. Milne and J.R.R. Tolkien, neither of whom I find I can carry for long. So, briefly:


Harry the Pooh

Ron,” said Harry Potter (rum-te-tum-tum), “You don’t think I’m… well…”
Yes, Harry Potter?” said Ron helpfully.
Well, I do mean to say,” (rum-te-tum-tum) said Harry Potter thoughtfully. “That is, I say, Ron, you don’t think I’m, well, sort of Possessed by Voldemort, do you?”
Bother!” said Ron. “I do wish you wouldn’t say that name, Harry Potter.”
I’m sorry,” said Harry Potter. “It sort of came out, you know, in a sort of a way.”



Harry of the Rings

"Begging your pardon, Mr. Harry, sir," said Ron. "But I never did hold with no riding of invisible reptilian horses. 'Tain't natural-like, if you see what I mean."

"No, Ron," said Harry wearily, "I fear you never did. But it is fated to me. The thestrals hang before my eyes, white-eyed and dwimber. Just be glad you can't see them, old friend. I'm afraid Dumbledore was right."

No comments:

Post a Comment